CARDIOVASCULAR RISK + OBESITY
Before a new medicine can be prescribed by doctors, it must be tested. This is to see if it is safe and if it works as we expect it to. This study investigates if a medicine called Semaglutide has an effect on reducing the risk of cardiovascular (CV) events (e.g. heart attack and stroke). Semaglutide is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat patients with type 2 diabetes, however its use in individuals with other conditions is investigational.
This study will last to up to 5 years, but it could be shorter or longer, consists of 25 visits (lasting about an hour) and 1 Phone Follow-up visit call.
You may qualify to participate in the SELECT study if:
• You have had a brain attack (stroke), or heart attack (myocardial infarction), or have poor circulation (peripheral arterial disease) ***If you have had a Transient Ischemic Attack/Mini Stroke you will not qualify for this trial.
• You are 45 years old or older
• You are living with overweight or obesity
• No history of diabetes
• You are able to attend regular clinic visits and receive phone calls over a period of 3–5 years
We will provide to you at no cost:
• Study-related medication
• You will receive comprehensive labs, ECGs, Physical Exam etc. which we can forward to your PCP.
• You will be compensated for your time and travel $50.00 for each office visit (once completed).
To find out more call or text us at (801) 657-3206 or submit the form below. By contacting us, you are in no way obligated to participate. All information submitted is kept strictly confidential and is never shared or sold to third parties.